There are three ways to vote in Brantford:
- On Election Day, Monday, Oct. 24
- At Advance Polls from Wednesday, Oct. 12 to Saturday, Oct. 15
- Online from Monday, Oct. 3 to Monday, Oct. 24
You will receive a Voter Notification Card in October that will tell you your poll location.
Go to the City of Brantford Voter page for more information.
Who is eligible to vote?
You can vote if, on voting day, you:
- reside in Brantford, or are the owner or tenant of land here, or the spouse of an owner or tenant;
- are a Canadian citizen;
- are at least 18 years old; and
- are not prohibited from voting by law.
You must register to vote online.
All eligible voters will receive a Voter Information Notice by mail. Included on this card will be your Voter ID along with your full name and address. This card will provide the web address where you must first register to vote online.
Go to the City of Brantford Online Voting page for more information.
Are you registered to vote?
Are you a new resident? Have you’ve changed your name or address? Are you unsure if you are registered to vote? The City of Brantford has a website where you can check your registration or update it.
Go to the Voter Lookup site.
Proof of identity and residence
You will be required to show proof of identify and residence when you vote on Election Day or at an advance poll.
Accepted documents include a driver’s licence, Ontario photo card, a utility bill or other documents showing your current address.
A complete list is available on the City of Brantford Voter page for more information.